To be effective, we must focus our work. The Kansas Health Foundation is committed to supporting strategies that will make Kansas a healthier place in the long run instead of funding temporary fixes for immediate health problems.
Based on more than two decades of lessons learned and listening tours throughout the state, our board and staff decided that focusing the majority of our grant making efforts in the following five areas would further our efforts to make Kansas a healthier place. Our five focus areas are:
- Promoting the healthy behaviors of Kansans
- Strengthening the public health system
- Growing community philanthropy
- Providing health data and information to policy makers
- Building civic leadership