Grant Application and Process
Because a limited amount of funding is available for Recognition Grants each year, this is a highly competitive process. As a result, awards often are given to the best among a pool of extraordinarily good and deserving applicants, and funds are not available to recognize the meaningful work of all who apply.
To apply, please use our online recognition grant application form. Please do not submit previous versions of our application form.
If you are returning to a saved application, please access the Sign In page.
About Our Electronic Grant Application
The Kansas Health Foundation’s online grant application has a number of features that allow our applicants to complete, manage and submit application forms.
User Log-In: Your email address is your username and you will be asked to create a password. (The Kansas Health Foundation will not share your e-mail address with any other organizations.)
Email Confirmation: Your email will be used to confirm receipt of your application, with all future correspondence also being sent via e-mail.
Start Now, Finish Later: Your username and password will let you save an in-progress grant application for up to 120 days.
- Your application will not be complete until you attach the two required documents: 1) Project Budget, and 2) the Board of Directors List, Board of Regents, Board of Education, etc. as applicable to the applicant organization. Other attachments may be required depending on your organization type.
- If you need to leave and return to a partially completed grant application, be sure to select the Save and Finish Later option. When you are ready to return, click on the link in the automatic e-mail response you received when signing up for an account or click the Sign In page link available at the top of this page.
- You will have the opportunity to review and print a copy of your application prior to submitting it to the Kansas Health Foundation as well as e-mailing a printer-friendly version of the incomplete report to up to ten recipients. The recipient will then be able to save and view the application.
- By submitting the application, you are certifying that you are authorized to do so on behalf of the applicant organization.
- We may contact you upon receiving your grant application to request additional supporting documentation.
We strongly recommend that you review the application and write your responses to the narrative sections in a Word or text document before you begin filling out the form. This will allow you to do any rewrites or edits, as well as spell check, prior to entering the application. Please SPELL-CHECK YOUR WORK. You may then copy and paste your answers into the online form. This will help guard against losing your thoughts in the event there is an Internet failure while you are completing your application.
Please only use plain text. Do not use bulleted lists, bold, underline or italics. You may use quotation marks, numbered lists, dollar signs, parentheses and hard returns. Please follow the recommended format styles when prompted.
In this section
- Recognition Grants
- Major Initiatives
- Other Grants
- Grant Search (Map/Database)
- Grant Exclusions
- For Grantseekers
- For Grantees