The Kansas Health Foundation supports Medicaid Expansion, to provide access to affordable, quality health coverage to individuals and families who fall into the coverage gap – low-income, working Kansans. KHF is a funder of the Alliance for a Healthy Kansas.
We have also identified policy issues below to monitor and to intervene with as appropriate, based on the current climate:
Supporting Health Equity
- Support policies that reduce health disparities and promote health equity (in access and participation) by income, race and ethnicity, and geographic location.
- Support fiscal policies that create greater equity and transparency and reduce barriers for underserved populations.
- Support policies and funding that strengthen digital connectivity (broadband and affordable access) to improve access to care, support education needs with remote learning and expand economic opportunities for families and businesses.
- Improve voter access and reduce barriers to make voting/registration more accessible, specifically for historically disenfranchised communities
Public Health and COVID-19 Response
- Support policies that improve public health systems and the continued response and prevention efforts for COVID-19, specifically for people of color, those who are low-income and reside in different geographic areas.
Food Security and Children’s Nutrition
- Support policies that maintain and enhance federal Supplemental Nutritional Assistance Program (SNAP) benefits and school-based meal programs that support low-income residents to reduce food insecurity for families.